• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KB Toys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seelingk

What is the name of your state? NY
I bought a PS2 console for my nephew on Dec 22, 2003, xmas gift. He started playing with it and it did not work right. I only runs with PS1 games - it's defective. I brought it back to the store within a week for exchange. The salesperson told me that they are out of stock, and their policy says once a "electronic/game" is opened, it cannot be refund for money or store credit. So I waited and waited and waited. Called the store today, still not in stock. It's been 1 month and 1 week. I simply want my money back so I can buy this product elsewhere where available. I went on their kbtoys.com site and reported this problem several times, but none of my complaint was responded. Although the store manager said she can override the policy of 30 day exchange time frame, but how long am I supposed to wait? Why should I get stuck with a piece of defective product?

Help.

H

hexeliebe

It sounds like the store is trying their best. And you did purchase the most popular game system in the states.

My gosh give the store a chance.

As for the no refund policy, there is nothing illegal about that. And there are very good reasons. Ever hear of piracy?

S

seelingk

Are you guys saying that I must get stuck with this defective system they sold me indefinitely? What about me, as a consumer, who gives me a break? I don't think it's legal what they did to me.

Any more advise?

P.S. - I don't know how anyone can duplicate a game console by just owning an original one for couple of days. (RE: Piracy)

Last edited:

HomeGuru

My advice; wait another 30 days. Aks KB when will the shipment come in? Call the freakin distributor and inquire. Do some investigative work. Call your state consumer protection office.

JETX

As alluded by HG, KB Toys filed for bankruptcy on 1/14/2004.
http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/stories/2004/01/12/daily23.html

I would type up a document confirming the defective product and that the store is aware of it and will replace it when another new system is received. Have a place for the manager to sign and date it.
Then, get the manager to sign it.

This will NOT protect you in your bankruptcy, but could be of benefit if that store is closed and/or the employees shifted to other locations.

Ask them when 'the truck' comes in and call them every day.

H

hexeliebe

DAmn, well I guess the Ship of Fools is my next option.

When does it dock?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">