• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kick boxing membership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MrsBuelna

I'm in California and I signed up for a kick boxing club membership in March of '01, they have no other types of fitness activity there. I was diagnosed with bursitis in my knee in June '01 and was stopped from participating in any high impact activity. Their contract states that if you are permanently disabled then you are free from the contract upon proof of disability (which I have a doctor's letter) and a cancellation fee of $100. I was detained in getting the doc's note sooner than now but it is dated in June. Also, I only used the membership for 2 weeks when I first signed up. Can the month's I have already paid into the membership that have gone unused due to disability count toward the $100 cancellation fee?

Thanks!

M

MrsBuelna

Thanks for the reply.

just wanted to say thanks for the prompt reply, I figured what the answer would be but since I am not 100% familiar with the law and I used to work for a huge wireless company where customers could always get there money back for months they paid that they didn't use service, even within a contract, no harm in asking to see if it was similar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">