• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kids grandma bought gifts online with her visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desireetoledo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My girls grandma bought them 370.00 worth of clothes for there birthday from victoria secret and had them shipped to us from victoria secret. 4 weeks after receiving the clothes from victoria secret the grandma disputed the clothes purshace on her visa and visa reversed the payment. now victoria secret wants me to pay for 370.00 of clothes since they were shipped to my house. I did not order the clothes and do not feel i should be legally lible for the clothes. The grandma only did this because she was mad at one of my girls. Am i legally responsible for the payment to victoria secret? Can i disput it?

No, you are not responsible to pay, it is not at all your headache. She has to pay this, or bear it. The last thing which you can do is return Victoria Secrets, their disputed clothes, but that will be the last thing to do.

ecmst12

Sounds like grandma is accusing you/your children of stealing her credit card to purchase the clothes. I would take that accusation seriously and let the store know exactly what happened. They can then go back to Visa and dispute the dispute, which will likely get it overturned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">