• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landscaping gone SOUR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diborbone

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I'm a landscaper, and am in a bind due to a client of mine. We started out with a good arrangement. My client would receive a large scale pond in their back yard, and complete landscaping of their property in exchange for monthly payments of $500 or more until the balance was taken care of. We did not sign a formal contract, because I believe verbal arrangements are binding in Oklahoma. I do have a document which was delivered to client, not signed by them, stating the scope of work, and that the cost would be $24K.

Expenses that I incurred for this property have been around $35,000, the client repeatedly asked for more work to be done than was originally contraced, and I've only been paid about $11,000 thus far.

Since the majority of the work has now been completed, the client has put a keep out sign on their fence, told me not to set foot on their property, and sent me a signed letter saying that all work done has been paid for, and I am not to continue any further work on their property.

They have not paid for all the work. I have kept details of all my materials and purchase dates, dates of work, and have receipts. I also have many pictures of the progress of work being done which show the large scope of the projects. I am not sure if I can file a contractor's lien, because I didn't have a notice of lien signed by the client before work took place.

I would like to know what courses of action I can take to seek restitution for my expenses and labor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">