• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

late charges at first billing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mksipe

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I had a Drs. appt. mid Jan.to discuss surgery on my thumb. Upon leaving the office I asked if I owed any money at that time, they said no. I had the surgery two wks later.
On May 10th I rec'd billing that already had one late charge figured in (30-60 day) and was showing another $15.00 dollars for (60-90 days) being late with the payment. Keep in mind the billing date on the bill was 4/27/2005. I paid the amt. except for the last 15 dollars. They billed me again for that same $15. I told them I would not pay that late charge. It was bad enough that I had to pay the first one (because it was already figured in the total) but I wasn't paying a late charge for something that I had only been billed for once. I mailed the payment in full (except for late charge) on the same day I rec'd the very first billing. How can I be late with the paymt. if I paid it the first time they billed me. Do they have a scam going or do I have to pay the 15 dollars? And weren't they obligated to tell me there would be late charges when I inquired in the office in Jan?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">