• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

late express mail just cost me 100 g's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pat Nolan

I just found this site and i surely hope you can advise. I contacted airborne express friday about delivering a bid out of town and stressed the importance of this bid being delivered before bid openingmonday at 2:00pm. i was told guaranteed delivery monday before noon if they picked up by 6:00pm friday even said they could pick up saturday for add'tl fee. i took no chances and delivered bid to their facility directly before 6:00 friday and i was again assured delivery monday before noon. i even put two large bright orange stickers on the front & back of express container indicating bid enclosed and bid opening time & date. I just found out today that we were low bidder but our bid was not received until 5:45pm monday and the responsible govn'mt offical i spoke to assured me we would have been awarded the contract but their hands were tied. i contacted airborne & they were rude and told me that they attempted to deliver @ 8:45am monday and business was closed and that all they have to do is attempt a delivery. I have since found out that this bldg was opened @ 7:30 amand there is a guard on duty and all mail is directed to a mailroom & that 7 other out of town bids were received by other express carriers. do i have any legal recourse? this cost me weeks of work to prepare the bid and obviously the loss of the contract and profits there.

joelcannon

Pat,

I found your question interesting and looked at the service agreement on the Airborne Express website <http://www.airborne.com/using/conditions/usa_detail.asp?item=17>

Theirs is the same as other delivery services (ie FedEx) - they guarantee timely delivery or the shipping is free. They don't apear liable for damages.

Too bad. :-(

a legal novice,

Joel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">