• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

late fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dcwhit

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? GEORGIA
I WAS WANTING TO KNOW IF THERE IS A SET LIMIT ON CHARGING LATE FEES FOR DIFFERANT BUSINESSES? AT MY PLACE OF BUSINESS WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE OVER 5% OF THE TOTAL DUE. DOES THIS APPLY TO EVERYONE? I'VE GOT A BILL AND THE THE LATE CHARGES ARE MORE THAN THE BALANCE DUE. DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT?! :confused:

Last edited:

Veronica1228

dcwhit said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? GEORGIA
I WAS WANTING TO KNOW IF THERE IS A SET LIMIT ON CHARGING LATE FEES FOR DIFFERANT BUSINESSES? AT MY PLACE OF BUSINESS WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE OVER 5% OF THE TOTAL DUE. DOES THIS APPLY TO EVERYONE? I'VE GOT A BILL AND THE THE LATE CHARGES ARE MORE THAN THE BALANCE DUE. DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT?! :confused:
What is the bill for? Also, please don't type in all caps. It looks like you're shouting at us.

dcwhit

undefined georgia. sorry about the all caps. kinda new at this. The bill was for a non-profit organization after school program. I'm not sure abt if I'm allowed to give the name or not but it's a well known organization and I really like the program. I just think that 40% in late fees is alittle steep. The bill is suppose to be paid weekly. It goes wed. to wed. 188.00 was the outstanding late week and then the current week which is 120.00. Sorry about the other figures before edited. Didn't have bill in front of me.

Last edited:

Veronica1228

dcwhit said:
undefined georgia. sorry about the all caps. kinda new at this. The bill was for a non-profit organization after school program. I'm not sure abt if I'm allowed to give the name or not but it's a well known organization and I really like the program. I just think that 40% in late fees is alittle steep. The bill is suppose to be paid weekly. It goes wed. to wed. 188.00 was the outstanding late week and then the current week which is 120.00. Sorry about the other figures before edited. Didn't have bill in front of me.
If the late fees were part of the agreement when you made the commitment for these payments, or if it is stated in their publications or literature, then yes. They can set their fees anyway they like. I agree it is steep, but as far as I can see it is legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">