• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawn care company billing for unauthorized services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kittymomx2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Colorado

Last spring I verbally agreed (via telephone) to use a lawn service for fertilization and weed control services. I told them that I didn't want to agree to a season-long "program", but wanted the first service and then I'd consider subsequent ones, but they had to agree to call before they came out since I have a dog in the yard.

The first service was performed; they left an invoice and I promptly paid for that service. When they called for the next service, I called back and told them not to come out. They said o.k.; no invoice received. This happened 3 or 4 more times. By the 2nd time, I called and cancelled the service but they kept calling every time an application was due' so each time I called and told them that I had already cancelled.

Now they have sent me an invoice for four services which I did not authorize. They say they WERE authorized and the technician check-marked that they were done so that is their proof that the services were done. I was home on each of the dates and never saw them; my dog never barked (and he would have); they never left an invoice.

I have left three messages for the manager but he hasn't returned my calls.

Do I have any recourse? I have filed a complaint with the BBB although I don't know exactly what they can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">