• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease agreement - Road taking business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajmc

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
State and Federal money is being used to widen a road. My business is in the middle of the place that the road will be built. I have 2 years left on the lease with an understanding that it would be extended for another 5 years. I have leased this building so far for a period of 9 years. As a lessee I made all the improvements (which were extensive and expensive) to turn it into this business. I am told by some that this makes me have a lease holder agreement, which will put me in a better position with the negotiations with the depts. The lease spells out that we have to make all improvement to turn into the business we want and we are responsible for most maintenance issues. What makes up a lease holder vs a regular lease? Right now they are wanting to give me a relocation allowance only (small amount) and there is no place to relocate in the vicintiy of this business and other areas have too many already. Not an option. I am the only business that they have ever leased to after they closed their business. They left it vacant for a couple of years until they found the business that they wanted to lease to. Do I have a Lease Holder interest?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">