• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandman3821

What is the name of your state? iowa/missouri

i signed a lease at the end of feb. in missouri. in june, i decided to stay in another location. i told my roommates my decision, and said they have until jan. to find a new roommate. i saw where some states allow three months to find a sub-leaser, and after that, the person that is no longer living at that location is not responsible for the rent. am i able to stop paying the rent at this location in kirksville, mo or am i going to be breaking the lease?

HomeGuru

sandman3821 said:
What is the name of your state? iowa/missouri

i signed a lease at the end of feb. in missouri. in june, i decided to stay in another location. i told my roommates my decision, and said they have until jan. to find a new roommate. i saw where some states allow three months to find a sub-leaser, and after that, the person that is no longer living at that location is not responsible for the rent. am i able to stop paying the rent at this location in kirksville, mo or am i going to be breaking the lease?

**A: you are liable to the end of your lease unless L and/or roomates lets you off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">