• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lease purchase option

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hkp1

leased new car in florida in 1998 for 3 years. Lease company went bankrupt(Lendco), other agency took over but does not have licence to sell cars. I want to purchase the car now per the contract "as is" for $275 + car value + tax aggreed to in lease. New lease company says I must have a dealer perform the transaction. Delear say I must sell the car back to him, he needs to inspect/recondition/ and fix any problems he finds and then he can sell it back to me. Delear says it will be about an additional $1000+ repairs. Is there any thing I can do? New lease company says they can't do anything about it. It seems like Fraud. New lease company is not living up to the contract I signed. Can they do this? Is there some law in Florida that the delear nust warrenty a car he sells?

HKP1

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">