• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

From Left Field...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cram33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
So I get a voice mail yesterday from a local Cadillac Dealership stating I owe $890 on a car that I purchased there in 2005. That car was traded in 2006 for something else at another Dealership. Anything to worry about?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Was part of the second deal that the dealership pay off the loan on the Caddy? Sounds like that might not have happened, or at least not in full. Did you ever receive correspondence from the first lender acknowledging that the account was paid in full?

What you have to worry about is your credit, and a potential judgement against you for $890.00 plus fees.

swalsh411

Tell them to mail you whatever documents they have to support their claim. Do not discuss the matter over the phone and certainly do not agree to anything before carefully reviewing what they send you.

It is entirely possible it's not a dealer calling you but rather a scam.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
So I get a voice mail yesterday from a local Cadillac Dealership stating I owe $890 on a car that I purchased there in 2005. That car was traded in 2006 for something else at another Dealership. Anything to worry about?
I definitely agree with the previous response. I cannot imagine why a dealer would be contacting you about that. Whoever provided the financing would be the one to contact you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">