• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tobehiker

What is the name of your state? hawai'i
:confused: When i bought my truck I signed a contract that gave me a rebate. I found out later that the company (not the dealer) was offering a bigger rebate to the consumer. A $500 difference. i was asked to come back into the dealership and sign another contract. this one gave the dealer a higher sale price by $500. My payment was something like 25 cents higher because of this. I didn't get the new rebate, the dealer did. Is this illegal and can I get the $500 credited to my balance? I did call the customer hotline and they acted like there was something wrong and that they would take care of it. I have never heard from them.

djohnson

If you knew it gave the dealer a higher sale price and changed your payment amount why did you sign the second contract? Why not hash it out with them then? You signed knowing what was happening and you can't go back on it now.

T

tobehiker

I agree. I didn't know about the difference until after I had signed. I was told that the original had a 'secretary error'. I was told to take the first contract and throw it away. they were hesitant to give me a copy of the second. That's when i started to get suspicious. I assume that since I still signed I am held accountable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">