• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shellsea

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I was to have partials made, they gave me a contract with the price, I paid 1/2 the balance to be paid when I received the partials. I assume my insurance company has already paid their portion. After several appointments for impressions the preliminary partials did not fit so they said they were starting over and now 3 more appointments for impressions. I come in today and my dentist is gone and the new dentist says he will not complete my partials unless I put a special crown with a metal band on it for a total of $570.00. I refuse and I'm told they might refund the 1/2 I've paid minus lab fees. Is this a breach of contract? Illegal? Can I take it to small claims?

shellsea

contract

It is titled treatment plan Then it lists the services and the costs.
It ends with: My signature indicates that I understand the treatment to be performed and the estimated costs associated with it. I also understand that it is a best estimate based on the information we now have and is valid for 90 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">