• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beezie02

I live in Wisconsin and 2 months ago my electric company disconnected my power. I was 2 months overdue on my bill. They confirmed that they had the wrong address and phone number for me, I had not been getting my bills. I had to pay the current bill plus the upcoming bill and also a $150.00 check for a hedge against any future late bill. They told me that when I paid the next months bill, they would return the check. Instead they cashed it and included it on the next bill as a credit but then debited it out. When I called and asked about this, they told me that if I paid all bills on time, that I would get this amount back in a year and a half??? I have never heard of this. Is this legal?

HomeGuru

If you were not getting the bills you should have called them to inquire. If you did, the problems would not have been so bad.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">