• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal breaking & entering??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michelle88

I live in Missouri. We purchased a truck from a local car dealer. My husband was ill and we fell behind on our payments. I called them and explained our situation. They said too bad they were going to repossess. They hired a company to repossess. The repo guy showed up at our house when we were home with a copy of our contract in hand. He also called the car dealer from our driveway on his mobile phone. The truck was parked in our garage full of equipment. We left the house the next day and while we were gone the repo guy came back and opened the garage and took the truck, equip and all. We called police, repo guy was charged and plead guilty. Can we sue the car dealer? The contract says they must legally repo the vehicle. Don't we have 21 days to get current on payments? Don't they have to give us our stuff back? We only had 5 payments left and the truck would have been paid off.

[Edited by Michelle88 on 06-11-2001 at 05:22 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">