• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legalities of recovering a debt !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JaGuR

Hi , my father is a horse trainer in Qld , and he bought a race horse for a client of his, and is owed a substancial amount of money for training fee's etc!!

The Clients went bust a couple of months ago and have not been contactable for this period of time , the horse is still in my father's care, and he has no idea as what to do with it !!

It is costing money on top of what is already owed to him being in his care, and what i would like to know is what are his avenues to recover his debt !!

Can he some how get a court order, or something to sell the horse, and if so what is the time frame before he can go about recovering the money owed to him ??

Regards

JaGuR

divgradcurl

JaGuR said:
Hi , my father is a horse trainer in Qld , and he bought a race horse for a client of his, and is owed a substancial amount of money for training fee's etc!!

The Clients went bust a couple of months ago and have not been contactable for this period of time , the horse is still in my father's care, and he has no idea as what to do with it !!

It is costing money on top of what is already owed to him being in his care, and what i would like to know is what are his avenues to recover his debt !!

Can he some how get a court order, or something to sell the horse, and if so what is the time frame before he can go about recovering the money owed to him ??

Regards

JaGuR

U.S. Law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">