• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legality of notarization on civil complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bethannm

i live in arizona and received a civil complaint, the document is notarized by an employee of the finance co.(plaintiff) and her name appears with the company name and address in the plaintiff section on the civil complaint form. it is my understanding that this would make this notary a "party to the instrument" therefore making it unlawful for her to notarize this document. is my assumption on this correct, and if so how does this affect the civil complaint? is it still valid even if the notarization is not legal? any info on this would be so greatly appreciated. thanks

L

loku

I think you would get a much better response to this question if you posted it on the "Courts, Lawyers & Litigation" bulletin board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">