• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legally binding if I didn't sign?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

k44

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I recently purchased a high quality name brand mattress set on a 90 days/no interest deal. When I got the merchandise, I used it for a week and had real problems with not being able to go to sleep, waking up stiff and with back and neck pain. I had to quit using the mattress due to physical discomfort and loss of sleep. I contacted the retailer and the Mattress company several times to try to return/exchange the mattress due to these problems. Both were very unhelpful and absolutly refused to work with me on the problem, other than to suggest I buy foam for the top of the mattress. They told me they did not have any kind of Comfort Guarrantee, and that state law would prohibit them from reselling the mattress. The day I bought the mattress, I paid a $300 deposit and had a remaining balance that I was told I would have 90 days to pay off. The only thing I signed was a credit card slip for the $300 deposit. I did not sign a payment agreement or a terms and conditions page. There was not a "No return policy" posted. I asked at the register if there was any additional paperwork regarding the purchase I had made and was told no. My question is, am I obligated to pay the remaining balance for a purchase I am unsatisfied with and for which I did not sign a contract? What will happen legally if I don't pay the balance?

Thanks, K44

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">