• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legally obligated to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beatritz

What is the name of your state? nevada

my husband wnet to a retail chain to purchase an item that was sold as separate components, all of which were loaded into his truck. however, at the register he was only charged (purchased on credit) for 1 item. the store has since realized their error and has contacted us for payment or the return of property. are we legally obligated for either?

L

loku

You are legally obligated to pay; however, it is not theft.

racer72

I would be willing the husband new of the mistake at the time of payment and did nothing to correct it. As soon as he left the retail establishment with the ill gotten merchandise, that is considered theft. I stand by my comments.

FarmerJ

Bea call it what ever you want BUT if you know what the right thing to do is , I hope for the sake of your sleep that the cashier wasnt fired for the error either. incase you didnt know thats how most stores deal with errors at the front end with inventory or drawer shortages/errors .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">