• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lender wants to reposess car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jarmro

What is the name of your state? nc
i am a resident of nc. according to my auto lender i have 3 payments left, i have been out of work (due to my company closing and leaving the area) for approximately one year. now re-employed and fighting to catch up. lender states that my loan matures at the end of january 03 and he will recommend to have my vehicle repossed. according to their calculations i owe approximately 4,000. i don't dispute this or the fact that i have been late and have had deferred payments. as the head of my household sometimes you have to borrow from peter to pay paul. what are my options? oh, by the way on my current job i get paid once a month at the end of the month. i intend to pay my next payment, but here is no way that i can have the kind of money he is asking by the end of january.

A

aahlee

then why did you take a job that pays once a month????????

you should know better.

The usual answer is CALL your parents/family and ask them for money to save you car.

If youve been a good boy/girl someone will lend you a few bucks, cause they know you will pay it back.

Last edited:

JETX

Ignore aahlee. He is a forum troll who offers biased, rascist ignorant opinions with no basis in law or reality.

Jarmo: What are you asking from the forum?? Based on your post, it is clear that you have breached your repayment agreement, giving the lender the right to repossess the vehicle.

Your options:
1) Make the payments that you promised to make, or
2) Sell the vehicle and repay the note with the proceeds, or
3) Take a chance that the lender repossesses the vehicle. And if this happens, you will still be liable for the unpaid amount plus the costs of sale, less the proceeds from the auction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">