• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Length of time to change mind after signing a contract.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jayburn

What is the name of your state? Maine

If you sign a contract for the purchase of land, and give a good faith deposit, how many hours (days) do you have to change your mind?

(I need this info quickly! )

Jayburn:confused:

HomeGuru

Jayburn said:
What is the name of your state? Maine

If you sign a contract for the purchase of land, and give a good faith deposit, how many hours (days) do you have to change your mind?

(I need this info quickly! )

Jayburn:confused:
**A: how quick do you need the info?

J

Jayburn

How Quickly?

While in Maine, we purchased a piece of property and signed a contract at 5pm Saturday, the 10th, leaving a deposit of $1,000 as good faith. We then returned home to NJ. While travelling, had several thoughts about the property and called the realtor. His answers were not really satisfactory and we'd like to get out of the contract if we can. Someone told us you have either 48 or 72 hours to change your mind. Is this true or do we bite the bullet?

Jayburn

HomeGuru

Re: How Quickly?

Jayburn said:
While in Maine, we purchased a piece of property and signed a contract at 5pm Saturday, the 10th, leaving a deposit of $1,000 as good faith. We then returned home to NJ. While travelling, had several thoughts about the property and called the realtor. His answers were not really satisfactory and we'd like to get out of the contract if we can. Someone told us you have either 48 or 72 hours to change your mind. Is this true or do we bite the bullet?

Jayburn
**A: and how does your response answer my question?

J

Jayburn

How does this answer address your question?

Simple math tells us that 5 pm Saturday to 5 pm Tuesday is 72 hours....I simply wanted an answer to whether or not a contract can be legally cancelled within 72 hours. I'm glad I provided you guys with some fun, now that you've had it, perhaps someone else could answer my question? :mad:

HomeGuru

Re: How does this answer address your question?

Jayburn said:
Simple math tells us that 5 pm Saturday to 5 pm Tuesday is 72 hours....I simply wanted an answer to whether or not a contract can be legally cancelled within 72 hours. I'm glad I provided you guys with some fun, now that you've had it, perhaps someone else could answer my question? :mad:
**A: and simple common sense would tell us that in your contract there may or may not be termination provisions and contingencies. Being that we do not know what these are, we cannot advise you accordingly.

signed,

someone else

J

Jayburn

Perhaps I found the

wrong web site. Sorry I bothered you.

Jayburn

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">