• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lenovo warranty problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taleoftwocities

Hello everyone.
I got question. Something went wrong in my Lenovo y510p and my CPU or mobo is damaged. Today i found out that i need to register my warranty first, but Lenovo knows nothing about my y510p (i gave them my serial numer, they said they know only country of origin = Holand and that this is a strange case) and i need to contact the shop where i bought this laptop (it is some import seller) and take from them import invoice or something like that.
Do they (seller) have to give me this invoice? Does every y510p has a Lenovo warranty (2 years one)? And if i opened my y510p, is lenovo going to make any trouble about this? I did not harm any components and i did not have any lenovo warranty seals (is that possible?). Lenovo computer service would be the one in Deutschland (but im from Poland).
Excuse me my grammar
Hope someone can help, cheers.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hello everyone.
I got question. Something went wrong in my Lenovo y510p and my CPU or mobo is damaged. Today i found out that i need to register my warranty first, but Lenovo knows nothing about my y510p (i gave them my serial numer, they said they know only country of origin = Holand and that this is a strange case) and i need to contact the shop where i bought this laptop (it is some import seller) and take from them import invoice or something like that.
Do they (seller) have to give me this invoice? Does every y510p has a Lenovo warranty (2 years one)? And if i opened my y510p, is lenovo going to make any trouble about this? I did not harm any components and i did not have any lenovo warranty seals (is that possible?). Lenovo computer service would be the one in Deutschland (but im from Poland).
Excuse me my grammar
Hope someone can help, cheers.
US Law only. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but this forum is for US law matters only.

ETA: Yeah, what she said.

BL

Although Lenovo ,and I had several and am on one as I speak , is a good Co. Look up the phone #'s and inquire again . Someone should steer you right .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">