• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Khof87

I'm not certain I'm posting this in the right section...
Hello everybody,
My situation is in California I pay to park my 9,000 dollar (a california small claim) motorcycle in a parking lot with an attendant no where is there a sign saying attendant hours also there is not a sign stating they're not responsible for theft or damages. I had no idea the attendant wasn't there 25/7 until my bike was stolen I had no reason to assume it was in any danger there. I took video proving there was no signs there. I assume since they did not release liability that they are liable. I fell the lack of signage led me to believe in a false sense of security. What is the law here? I did not have full coverage on it as all companies turned me since I have not had a motorcycle license for 5 years.. This is out of my pocket. I'm scared if I take it to small claims and lose I will be stuck with legal fees.
Thanks everyone this whole thing has me so stressed

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm not certain I'm posting this in the right section...
Hello everybody,
My situation is in California I pay to park my 9,000 dollar (a california small claim) motorcycle in a parking lot with an attendant no where is there a sign saying attendant hours also there is not a sign stating they're not responsible for theft or damages. I had no idea the attendant wasn't there 25/7 until my bike was stolen I had no reason to assume it was in any danger there. I took video proving there was no signs there. I assume since they did not release liability that they are liable. I fell the lack of signage led me to believe in a false sense of security. What is the law here? I did not have full coverage on it as all companies turned me since I have not had a motorcycle license for 5 years.. This is out of my pocket. I'm scared if I take it to small claims and lose I will be stuck with legal fees.
Thanks everyone this whole thing has me so stressed
Why do you believe they are responsible? Was there an attendant there every time you parked the bike? The fact that you didn't have full coverage is YOUR fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">