• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability on my part of selling of boat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tommyboy51300

What is the name of your state? WI. I sold a boat on the June 26 2005 for $3,400. Which I recieved a cashiers check for the full amount. There was no terms for sale or contract or reciept givin. I handed him the title and registration information. He registered and titled the boat in his name. Before the boat was sold I did a tune up and took it down to the water and ran it for a good 30 mins to make sure everything was functional. The guy which I sold the boat to said he was unable to get the boat to start the following day of the sale. He took it to a marina and found that the choke was stuck on the engine. The were able to get it running without problems. I was contacted on July 10, almost 2 weeks later by the owner stating that the engine was non functional and wanted his money back. He also said that he never tried starting it again after June 27 with the stuck choke incident. He stated that 2 of the cylinders needed repair. I want to know what my rights are regarding ownership of the boat. It so happens this was over 4th of july weekend so I'm very skeptical if this was not planned all along. Do I have to honor the refund? Is there any reason he could take me to small claims and get the money back? Please give me information concerning my legal rights. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">