• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lies on SUV what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deniese1979

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
My husband bought a 2003 Buick SUV he knew it had a salvage title. But told the only reason it was salvage was because it was minor and the air bags deployed. And what damage was done had been fixed. There was no damage to the frame and that the motor and everything else was in good working order.
Except for a switch that had been put on, because the fan had gone out when his wife was in KY and the relay had gone out and her father put it on to get her home. And he had not had time to fix it yet. So he dropped the price for it.
He drove the SUV and everything was fine. The day he went to get the SUV the man was over an hour late. He said it was because his wife wouldn't bring him the SUV. I think he had to do something to reset the fix engine light. This SUV was about 100 miles away from our mechanic so we could not have him check it out first like we usually do. On the way home about 60 miles in to the trip the check engine light came on. My husband stopped and checked the SUV and it had antifreeze on the engine. He checked it and it was low so he added some. He drove it on trying to get to the mechanics about 10 miles from there the fan stopped working that her father had by passed instead of replacing the relay. He finally got the SUV there and left it for our mechanic to check out.
He didn't get to look at it for about 4 days. But when he did he said he had never seen anything like it. He said the SUV had been setting for a while because the rust on the pulley wheels. And the frame had not been fixed, because you can look down between the front of the SUV and the radiator and see the folded in frame. The SUV's frame has been push to the right and up. Where the door was dented the man said his wife had done it on their garage. My husband thought he could get a new fender and fix it. Come to find out the reason it was messed up was because the finder was pushed back in the door so bad it could not open the passenger side door so they had forced the door open and wrinkled the fender so the door will open freely. They had placed a new bumper on it to hide the damage to the frame. They had sanded the top of the place where you shut the hood down on the right side so the hood would shut, and put black electric tape on where they had sanded it so thin and painted it to look right. My husband is not a body shop man, and does not know anything about it.

We were lied to about everything on the SUV.
1 The frame was fixed. It wasn't it is rigged to look that way and only a
trained auto man would know what to look for.
2 The motor was good. It wasn't the head was cracked it 2 places
3 The fan that was rigged to turn the fan on was wired with house wire.
Which could have caused a fire at any time.
There is so much more but I can not explain it right. My mechanic can I have document proof of all the things wrong.
I really can't afford to pay a lawyer so I would really appreciate any help

You Are Guilty

Help doing what? This is a legal board, we don't know how to fix Buick SUVs. Maybe try here?
http://www.trustmymechanic.com/forum/

deniese1979

I think U misunderstood me

I am asking if I have any legal recourse against the man that sold the SUV.
For selling this thing under false pretenses. Everything he told us was untrue!
Is there anything I can do to get our money back. I do think that is a legal matter. I have a mechanic Thanks

Isis1

I am asking if I have any legal recourse against the man that sold the SUV.
For selling this thing under false pretenses. Everything he told us was untrue!
Is there anything I can do to get our money back. I do think that is a legal matter. I have a mechanic Thanks
i am doing a look up for your specific state. "as is" when buying a used car is very common. it is your responsibility to provide your own mechanic to check out the vehicle before purchase.

deniese1979

Thank you

I really appreciate it.
If you are in TN I may want to talk to you about some business laws. For money
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">