• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lifetime Limited Warranty Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonpaul42

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I bought an item for my computer in 1999. It came with a "lifetime limited warranty" from the manufacturer. The item died a few days ago and when I called the manufacturer, they said since they discontinued it over five years ago they consider the product to be past the end of its life cycle and will not replace it.

I always believed that a lifetime warranty was my lifetime, not some arbitrary lifetime the manufacturer stipulates. The language in the warranty does not define the term "lifetime," but it does state that at their option they will replace the item with an equivalent one or refund the purchase price.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

racer72

I always believed that a lifetime warranty was my lifetime, not some arbitrary lifetime the manufacturer stipulates.
You believed wrong. What does the word "limited" mean to you? That would suggest the manufacturer can and will place limits on the lifetime warranty. You have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">