• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Little Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KILLY

state : pa

hi this weekend i had tickets to a concert and i got drunk beofr to the point were i could no longer go to the concert because i could not stand or even stay awake. one of my friends took my ticket because when i was in this state of mind he asked me if he could have it for free and i said yes. i have no recolection of this and now when i am sobber i know i would never give it away for free. i asked him to pay me for it now but he says i said it was okay to take it for free when i was intoxicated. i just want to know if making a contract while intoxicated hold up and if he should have to still pay me. thank you everyone for your time.

G

gmom101

seems to me that when you were drunk, you at least had enough sense to not want the ticket to go to waste, as it would have if your friend had not used it.

J

JudgeJudy

Wouldn't that be great if we could use "drunkeness" as a n excuse?

No one made you drunk but you. If you made a bad decision caused by your own actions, no one is liable but you.

Watch about 3 weeks worth of Judge Judy, and you'll see a similar case come up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">