• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan Car Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hussarman

I recently had the use a loan car whilst my own vehicle was being repaired.
I returned the vehicle at 08.00am in the morning, the receptionist went out and checked the mileage and I settled my account and left.
At 08.43am the same morning the receptionist telephoned me to report that she further checked the car for damage & there was a scratch on the nearside door and this would incur a fee of £250 under their terms & conditions.
Am I liable to pay this fee as I feel the damage should have been pointed out to me when the receptionist first checked the mileage.

sandyclaus

I recently had the use a loan car whilst my own vehicle was being repaired.
I returned the vehicle at 08.00am in the morning, the receptionist went out and checked the mileage and I settled my account and left.
At 08.43am the same morning the receptionist telephoned me to report that she further checked the car for damage & there was a scratch on the nearside door and this would incur a fee of £250 under their terms & conditions.
Am I liable to pay this fee as I feel the damage should have been pointed out to me when the receptionist first checked the mileage.
US Law only.
Yes, but this one really is common sense.

If the damage wasn't there when you got the vehicle, and it was when you returned it, then of course you are liable for it.:

Your defense here would be that if the receptionist didn't inspect closely enough to discover the scratch when the car was returned, then how do they know YOU did it, or if someone else did it after the check-in and before the more thorough inspection?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">