• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loan to family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

okeedokee

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I loaned $2000.00 to my son and daughter in-law with the agreement that they would pay it back from the money they should get back from fileing their income tax. They have now seperated and soon will divorce. She told my son when he asked how we were going to pay this debt, "thats your problem not mine". We have only the verbal contract between us and the only witnesses are myself my wife and my son. She filedmaried filling seperatly and thus she got money back and my son had to pay.

HomeGuru

okeedokee said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona
I loaned $2000.00 to my son and daughter in-law with the agreement that they would pay it back from the money they should get back from fileing their income tax. They have now seperated and soon will divorce. She told my son when he asked how we were going to pay this debt, "thats your problem not mine". We have only the verbal contract between us and the only witnesses are myself my wife and my son. She filedmaried filling seperatly and thus she got money back and my son had to pay.
**A: you could file small clains action but in my opinion, I would write it off and writer her off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">