• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan Modification is this legally binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crystal1704

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Since June I have been trying to receive an loan modification through my bank. I have done everything they asked me to do.

In the end I was denied for my loan modification through Fannie Mae but they told me that my bank was going to take over and modify it at 2% for one year.

I received a loan modification agreement to this in which I signed. It has the electronic signature of the company's vice president.

I called the company to find out why my Fannie Mae modification was denied Fannie Mae kept telling me I had to talk to the person handling my case. I left repeated voice mails only to find out he no longer works there (no one told me, they just kept letting me leave voice mails)

Then I talked to a man to gave me a bogus account number and told me that I was all set for the loan and to make payments to the bank and eventually it would show up in the system. I think they want my home because I have $100,000 in equity with only $50,000 owed.

Finally, when I got through to a woman she states that it is all her fault she approved a loan BUT she should not have because Fannie Mae does not modify loans with my bank.

So I ask, Is this loan modification agreement with the Vice President's electronic signature legally binding regardless of weather it was "a mistake" or not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">