• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Distance Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DestinyEllen

What is the name of your state? IL

I made an agreement with someone thru email to purchase a cellphone. I have emails to prove each transaction. We agreed on a price, how it would be shipped and how much for shipping and handling.

I paid the person thru western union but I have not recieved the phone. I am starting to feel as if I was robbed.

Can I sue him for my money back??

JETX

"Can I sue him for my money back??"
** Of course you can. Now, you just have to figure out what his real name is and where he is located and then file in his state/country.

The fact that you paid by Western Union is a dead give-away of a scam. The 'seller' can pickup the money at ANY location (even in another country) and by using WU, he has avoided US Postal fraud laws. Simply, you have been scammed.

D

DestinyEllen

Can I sue him for my money back

I thought you had to have an picture id to pick up money from WU?? If he has one then he gave me the correct name and address. I would be able to use that information. I would think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">