• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

looks like a snake in the salsa-what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmae

What is the name of your state?tx
If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe it but a new jar of salsa was opened and when poured into a container a long flat thing about 10" long came out and when we looked at it with a magnifier we saw flat skin with scales and eyes. The jar said made in mexico although the manufacturer is a very well known one starting with an H. They said send it back to them but I'm wondering if I shouldn't turn it over to someone like the health dept. or something. What would you do with it. Seems like someone should know as there are some who have been eating salsa with snake meat in it. The customer service lady at H said there are alot of snakes in the Mexico fields. Maybe this isn't the first time it's happened.

Litigation!

cmae said:
What is the name of your state?tx
If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe it but a new jar of salsa was opened and when poured into a container a long flat thing about 10" long came out and when we looked at it with a magnifier we saw flat skin with scales and eyes. The jar said made in mexico although the manufacturer is a very well known one starting with an H. They said send it back to them but I'm wondering if I shouldn't turn it over to someone like the health dept. or something. What would you do with it. Seems like someone should know as there are some who have been eating salsa with snake meat in it. The customer service lady at H said there are alot of snakes in the Mexico fields. Maybe this isn't the first time it's happened.

My response:

If it was flat, it wasn't a snake. It's a Tape Worm.

Also, didn't the jar say, "Hecho en Mexico"?

Finally, what do you want? Send it wherever you'd like. Yours is NOT a legal question.

IAAL

racer72

If you think your going to get any money out of this, forget about it. The company is only obligated to replace the defective product, they will probably throw in some coupons for some free stuff too.

cmae

racer72 said:
If you think your going to get any money out of this, forget about it. The company is only obligated to replace the defective product, they will probably throw in some coupons for some free stuff too.
Money? They sent me a forwarding mailer with a $12 check-I put it in the bag and the postman returned it as it was leaking. I don't want to bother with it. But I think as a human being I should let someone know. I posted here as it seems to be an intelligent forum (unlike many).

cmae

Litigation! said:
My response:

If it was flat, it wasn't a snake. It's a Tape Worm.

Also, didn't the jar say, "Hecho en Mexico"?

Finally, what do you want? Send it wherever you'd like. Yours is NOT a legal question.

IAAL
I believe it was mashed, along with the tomatoes, therefore flat. Do tapeworms have eyes? What do I want?-to be a responsible human who doesn't believe in a black or white world (legal /illegal).

Litigation!

cmae said:
I believe it was mashed, along with the tomatoes, therefore flat. Do tapeworms have eyes? What do I want?-to be a responsible human who doesn't believe in a black or white world (legal /illegal).

My response:

Then, I was correct. You didn't have a legal question.

IAAL

ENASNI

mmm mmmm good

Mister Darcy said:
In some places, this would be considered a delicacy.
Rattlesnake Salad

1 medium rattlesnake, cut up 2 bay leaves 2 cloves garlic 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning 2 tablespoons sherry wine 1/2 stalk celery, finely diced 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced 1/2 onions, finely diced 1/2 cup chopped sweet gherkins 1 cup mayonnaise 1. Combine first 5 ingredients and boil until tender. 2. Chop meat finely and mix well with remaining ingredients. 3. Serve on sandwiches or over quartered tomatoes and lettuce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">