• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Company's photos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrsO12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hello,

I was hired to scan and save very old photos for a company and somewhere during the time I had the photos half of them went missing. After searching every where for the photos I let them know that the photos were missing, I apologized and offered a refund, and to return the partially completed job for free. I also offered to meet to discuss some form of compensation. After 3 week waiting for a reply from them I finally got a response saying that they did not want a refund and they wanted the photos that I still had, as well as the work that was done and they wanted an invoice with an adjusted price, removing the cost of the work that I was unable to complete.

My question is, Should I be scared? I am wondering if they got legal advise and are planning to sue me for the lost photos? and if so what should I do to prepare for whats to come?

Thanks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hello,

I was hired to scan and save very old photos for a company and somewhere during the time I had the photos half of them went missing. After searching every where for the photos I let them know that the photos were missing, I apologized and offered a refund, and to return the partially completed job for free. I also offered to meet to discuss some form of compensation. After 3 week waiting for a reply from them I finally got a response saying that they did not want a refund and they wanted the photos that I still had, as well as the work that was done and they wanted an invoice with an adjusted price, removing the cost of the work that I was unable to complete.

My question is, Should I be scared? I am wondering if they got legal advise and are planning to sue me for the lost photos? and if so what should I do to prepare for whats to come?

Thanks
There is nothing that you can really do to prepare. However, if I were in your shoes I would sure as heck continue to try to find those photos. Unless you are in the habit of carrying work around with you or might have thrown them away accidentally, they have to be somewhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">