• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost dry cleaning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ckoz

I dropped off eight dress shirts and a sweater at the dry cleaners. Fourteen days later I went to pick them up. They had been mistakenly given to someone else who had signed for them five days after the original drop-off date. The signature, however, was illegible so the dry cleaner can not take any action in getting the clothes back. We have requested to be reimbursed for the value of the clothes. He refuses and states that we must wait for the clothes to be returned. It seems unlikely to me that the clothes will be returned since they have been in the possession of the other party for 11 days now. We are in the process of putting our request for reimbursement in writing but are wondering what our rights are and what action we should take next.
Thanks
ckoz

C

curtisd

it should be posted at the dry cleaners or printed on your receipt next step is small claims court

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">