• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lottery? Verbal agreement..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

valleygirl_1540

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania. Here is a current situation: In April of 2003, I hit a lottery ticket from an organization for an ATV, snow plow, $300 gift certificate, plus all of the taxes and title fees paid. The organization I bought the ticket off of refused to give me the merchandise stating that I had the wrong ticket. In Pennsylvania, there are 2 lottery drawings. One in the afternoon and one in the evening. This ticket stated that is was for the Daily Number (which is the night time drawing, has always been called that). The ticket did not state that it was for the daytime drawing, but the "guy" at this organization said that it was and he wasn't giving me a damn thing for it. Everyone tried to tell me that tickets are illegal in the first place but some others also told me that if the organization held a small games of chance license that they have to honor the ticket. So, more or less, I let the situation drop. Fast forward to January of 2005. I receive a phone call from the new "guy" of this organization telling me that he wants to make the ticket right. According to him, the organization was taking a lot of flack for not honoring it and they weren't making any money because of this one bad deal. He and other trustees of this organization agreed to pay the value of the ticket. This was the first meeting. The second meeting in February held special by the "big wigs" of the organization, asked me if I would settle on an amount. I agreed to settle for an amount of $4500. The amount was verbally agreed upon in front of around 30 people. The organization says they will get a hold of me the following week so I can get my money. All they ask is that I bring the original ticket (which I still have and it was verified by them that is was original) and that I let some people know that they made the ticket right. I agreed. Well let's just say that next week never came. This organization keeps stalling on giving me my money. I figured I was doing them a favor by saving them $2000 (the original value of the ticket) but they keep putting me off. Saying it has to go through meetings (which they conviently could not have because ALL of the officers were either sick or in the hospital for the past 2 months). Now they are telling me that after their meeting on April 7, I will get my money. So my question is this: What can I do if they keep on stalling to pay me? They agreed to pay me the amount with witnesses to back it up but won't put up the money. Is there anything legally binding about this situation? I fell as though they are messing with my life because I really could use that money. All help with this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

stephenk

hire an attorney and sue them for breach of contract OR file a small claims action against them for the same cause of action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">