• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lousy Pool Contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trisbon

What is the name of your state?
FLORIDA
I SIGNED A CONTRACT ON DECEMBER 15TH TO HAVE A POOL AND DECKING INSTALLED. THE CONTRACT HAD NO PROMISE OF A COMPLETION DATE; HOWEVER, THE OWNER SAID IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT 6 WEEKS. IT IS NOW APRIL 21ST AND THE POOL/DECKING ARE STILL NOT FINISHED. IT SEEMS THAT THE CONTRACTOR TAKES ON NEW JOBS AND THEN USES THE MONEY I'VE PAID HIM TO START WORK ON THE OTHER JOBS. HE STATED THAT HE HIRES ALL THE SUBCONTRACTORS TO DO ALL THE WORK AT ONCE. IN THE MEANTIME, I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED THAT IT IS TAKING SO LONG. I WOULD LIKE TO WITHOLD THE FINAL TWO DRAFTS FROM HIM UNTIL HE COMPLETES THE WORK FOR WHICH THE DRAFTS ARE WRITTEN. HE STATES THAT HE NEEDS THE DRAFT FIRST IN ORDER TO GET THE SUPPLIES TO DO THE WORK. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO SWIM IN MY POOL THIS SUMMER.

djohnson

Don't yell at us. We had nothing to do with this problem. Try typing so we can understand, do not type in all caps.

matti422

When you say "he states that he needed the drafts first", does that mean the contract says you have to pay him at these intervals? If so, then pay him at those intervals, or he may not finish. If you wanted the pool finished by a certain date, you should have put that in the contract. If you wanted to pay on certain dates, you should have put that in the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">