• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Magazine company in Breach of Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZodiacDragon84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nebraska is where I am, Colorado is where the business is based.

I am a resident of Nebraska, and received a call one day from a magazine subscription sales company. ( I purchased a subscription from a fundraiser, and presume that is how they acquired my phone number). The company is based out of Denver Colorado. They called to tell me to confirm that I was receiving my magazine subscription, and offered to "upgrade" to Five more magazine subscriptions for 49.55 a month for 20 months. I was dumb enough to say yes, what the heck, why not. However, I am now irritated with this company. The contract has spelled my last name wrong, and they have been charging me an extra 39.95 a month, which is no where stated in the contract. I was supposed to receive Subscriptions, that after 4 months, I am not getting. they have subbed other magazines in place of ones I was supposed to receive. After basically being screwed out of what I am paying for, I did some online research on the company, and found that they have a long list of rip off complaints. What should be my course of action?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nebraska is where I am, Colorado is where the business is based.

I am a resident of Nebraska, and received a call one day from a magazine subscription sales company. ( I purchased a subscription from a fundraiser, and presume that is how they acquired my phone number). The company is based out of Denver Colorado. They called to tell me to confirm that I was receiving my magazine subscription, and offered to "upgrade" to Five more magazine subscriptions for 49.55 a month for 20 months. I was dumb enough to say yes, what the heck, why not. However, I am now irritated with this company. The contract has spelled my last name wrong, and they have been charging me an extra 39.95 a month, which is no where stated in the contract. I was supposed to receive Subscriptions, that after 4 months, I am not getting. they have subbed other magazines in place of ones I was supposed to receive. After basically being screwed out of what I am paying for, I did some online research on the company, and found that they have a long list of rip off complaints. What should be my course of action?
When you called to ask them about the extra charge what did they say?

ZodiacDragon84

Good ole' Customer service.

They tell me the first two times that they would fix it, and they did, however, the charge continues. Last time, It caused a few of my bank drafts to come back Insufficient. Which, was not fun due to the four drafts that I believed I had the proper funds for. That was $100 in insufficient fees for their mistake.:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">