• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Major Telcom Campaign a TOTAL LIE!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauilance

These ad agencies and companies made up a campaign that sounded unbelievabley good to attract new customers, but the campaign was too good to be true. This is too much! I changed cell phone providers because one of them said they had unlimited cell phone and Data usage at 4G LTE speeds with NO CAP on speed. I asked the salesman about it and he assured me that I could download all I wanted at blazing fast speeds, no limits and no caps. I read the first page of the contract and signed it. I did not read the fine print because I thought they had to live up to the advertised service. I took the deal as it sounded too good to be true. They forgot to mention that the top 5% of users would have their speed capped at an incredibly slow speed, thereby making it impossible to download anything or watch youTube or anything other than get my mail. Is it legal to base a whole campign on these speeds and then, without telling anyone, not even their sales staff, that heavy users would have their service CAPPED!
I tested this service out and was amazed that I was getting blazing fast speed just like they said. After downloading a ton of free black and white movies, I reached 90 gigs of downloaded data in 6 days and they CAPPED my speed for the next 25. They pointed to a line in the small print that says "If you are in the top 5% of data downloaders, your speed will be capped until the beginning for the next billing cycle." How can you base a complete ad campaign stating you are doing what no other carrier does, and have small print that contradicts the campaign buried in 34 large paragraphs of small print! This is really nuts. They have stopped selling the plan, saying it was a promotional plan, however they have to give me unlimited use until i cancel my account. Well, how can they cap a full 5% of their customers without having an asterisk in their ads or anything saying their is this 5% club. When I went back to the salesman that sold me the plan, he said he had never heard of this and checked on the phone and to his amazement, he learned about this small print bull!
You can't make a statement like everyone gets no caps and then cap the speed. Anyone want to take on the big guys? I have all the tests on my account and they admit it is in the fine print. Everyone at the company that I speak to feels bad for me because they know this is unfair. I have called customer service many times only to be told, after they learn of this for the first time, that I used too much data and I am capped on a program sold as no caps. What gives?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
These ad agencies and companies made up a campaign that sounded unbelievabley good to attract new customers, but the campaign was too good to be true. This is too much! I changed cell phone providers because one of them said they had unlimited cell phone and Data usage at 4G LTE speeds with NO CAP on speed. I asked the salesman about it and he assured me that I could download all I wanted at blazing fast speeds, no limits and no caps. I read the first page of the contract and signed it. I did not read the fine print because I thought they had to live up to the advertised service. I took the deal as it sounded too good to be true. They forgot to mention that the top 5% of users would have their speed capped at an incredibly slow speed, thereby making it impossible to download anything or watch youTube or anything other than get my mail. Is it legal to base a whole campign on these speeds and then, without telling anyone, not even their sales staff, that heavy users would have their service CAPPED!
I tested this service out and was amazed that I was getting blazing fast speed just like they said. After downloading a ton of free black and white movies, I reached 90 gigs of downloaded data in 6 days and they CAPPED my speed for the next 25. They pointed to a line in the small print that says "If you are in the top 5% of data downloaders, your speed will be capped until the beginning for the next billing cycle." How can you base a complete ad campaign stating you are doing what no other carrier does, and have small print that contradicts the campaign buried in 34 large paragraphs of small print! This is really nuts. They have stopped selling the plan, saying it was a promotional plan, however they have to give me unlimited use until i cancel my account. Well, how can they cap a full 5% of their customers without having an asterisk in their ads or anything saying their is this 5% club. When I went back to the salesman that sold me the plan, he said he had never heard of this and checked on the phone and to his amazement, he learned about this small print bull!
You can't make a statement like everyone gets no caps and then cap the speed. Anyone want to take on the big guys? I have all the tests on my account and they admit it is in the fine print. Everyone at the company that I speak to feels bad for me because they know this is unfair. I have called customer service many times only to be told, after they learn of this for the first time, that I used too much data and I am capped on a program sold as no caps. What gives?
You signed the contract...

Dave1952

Your State's Attorney General probably has a web-site with contact info for consumer complaints. Is enough complaints roll in someone may look into this.

Dave1952

Antigone,

I did see your post about the lack of a State in the OP. I believe that the forum often receives questions from non-US folks. I did e-mail the administrators of the forum about this. So far nothing has been done to correct or improve the US law only advisory. Clearly it does not work.
If you believe that my answer was bad advice ignore it. Most posters ignore any advice that they don't like, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">