• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the making of a contract with soon to be roomate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmroxy

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I want to make a contract between my soon to be roomate in 3 months. I want the contract to withold each bill (water,heat,cable,etc.) that we're splitting half on to pay. His and my name will be on the lease, so I don't have to worry about him not paying his half on the rent. But what I'd like to know is how I'd go about making this contract, so that it's valid in case anything were to happen. Also, we are going to be paying half the amount each on a washer and dryer. We agreed as well that I will give him money for the half of washer and dryer in the future as I can, so that it will fully be mine whenever the time comes when we decide to part our ways. If anyone can give me any advice on how to do the contract and what to make sure is on there I would greatly appreciate it.

FarmerJ

You can get lease forms from office supply places the blank leases should conform to your states law , Do search in your states govt web page for Landlord tenant . you should be able to figure it all out , Washer dryer you would be just better off buying used set that you can afford and then there is no worry about them

K

kmroxy

Thank you, and we have planned on getting used set. I would still like any info from professionals on this site of how I'd go about writing it up and setting it up.

K

kmroxy

Please does anybody have any kind of info I should put in it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">