• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Making payment on car loan, then they sold it to someone else

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nlanea44

I'm handling my sons late fathers estate representing my son, his only heir. His dad had taken over payments on his buddies Loan for the truck. He passed away and his father contacted his buddy and made the "last few payments" on the truck and got the title in his name. His buddy, thought he was doing the right thing and now doesn't want to be involved in drama. (They were very good friends and he's still grieving because it was a murdered in a bar in a small town) but his father plans to keep the truck and when I asked about it he contacted his lawyer and then said I could buy it for what he paid to get it.. those few payments turned into $10,000 and I can't get the buddy who had the loan to tell me what he paid. There's bank statements and also I believe Mike had insurance through his name. I can close it as a small estate or try to get the truck back through the formal probate process. I don't know if there was a contract or where he would keep one if there was... and either way his parents won't even give me the stuff my sons father purchased for him .... idk what to do. But I know Mike would want that truck for Aedan and I so I can have reliable transportation. It's a blue book value is 15,000

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm handling my sons late fathers estate representing my son, his only heir. His dad had taken over payments on his buddies Loan for the truck. He passed away and his father contacted his buddy and made the "last few payments" on the truck and got the title in his name. His buddy, thought he was doing the right thing and now doesn't want to be involved in drama. (They were very good friends and he's still grieving because it was a murdered in a bar in a small town) but his father plans to keep the truck and when I asked about it he contacted his lawyer and then said I could buy it for what he paid to get it.. those few payments turned into $10,000 and I can't get the buddy who had the loan to tell me what he paid. There's bank statements and also I believe Mike had insurance through his name. I can close it as a small estate or try to get the truck back through the formal probate process. I don't know if there was a contract or where he would keep one if there was... and either way his parents won't even give me the stuff my sons father purchased for him .... idk what to do. But I know Mike would want that truck for Aedan and I so I can have reliable transportation. It's a blue book value is 15,000
It sounds to me as if the buddy rented the truck to someone. When that someone passed away, the buddy turned around and sold the truck to someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">