• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

manufacturer upgrade denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seiks

Illinois resident.

I hope someone here can help me understand my rights on this topic.

6 months ago a purchased a new car. At that time the navigation system was not available but the dealer had a letter from the manufacturer that the upgrade would be available to add the navigation system to my car this past spring and to offer a discounted price on the navigation system.

A couple weeks ago, I received a letter from the manufacturer that they are not offering the upgrade and provided me with a coupon for a couple grand off on a new car??? This credit won't cover the cost of trading in my old car for the new one.

I've spoken to the manufacture and they offer no solutions beyond the credit.

What do I do? Can I sue them? Is that a worthwhile endeavor? Could there be a class action suit for all individuals this effects?

thoughts?

racer72

You have no claim. Manufacturers change the option lists of vehicles all the time. The letter is not a legal contract or offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">