• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Martial Arts Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PrimalGod

Washington
---------------
So here's the deal. I signed up for some Kung-Fu lessons at this school in Bellingham. When I signed up, I signed a contract saying I would be a member for a year a pay the dues. If I stop going and paying my dues, the teacher has threantened to sue. I'll see if I can get more info on the contract, but it was less then a page long, I don't know how official it was. From this information alone, what are my chances of getting out of this without being sued? Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PrimalGod said:
Washington
---------------
So here's the deal. I signed up for some Kung-Fu lessons at this school in Bellingham. When I signed up, I signed a contract saying I would be a member for a year a pay the dues. If I stop going and paying my dues, the teacher has threantened to sue. I'll see if I can get more info on the contract, but it was less then a page long, I don't know how official it was. From this information alone, what are my chances of getting out of this without being sued? Thanks.

My response:

How old were you when you signed the contract?

How old are you today?

IAAL

P

PrimalGod

20 when I signed, 21 today...don't think it will matter :(
I forgot to also say that I also had to pay two months ahead as "tuition". I thought I would just loose this if I quit, but I guess not.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PrimalGod said:
20 when I signed, 21 today...don't think it will matter :(
I forgot to also say that I also had to pay two months ahead as "tuition". I thought I would just loose this if I quit, but I guess not.

My response:

You're right - - it doesn't matter "now". You were an adult when you signed the contract. So, assuming the validity of the contract, you're on the hook.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">