• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Martial Arts Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

david.gutierrez

What is the name of your state? Colorado

18 months ago I signed a 36 month contract with a martial arts studio. The contract stated that I would pay $300 per month for 36 months and would be guarenteed lessons until a black belt was achieved even if it took longer than the 36 months. In the past year we have only been a handful of times. Due to financial difficulties, I would like to end the contract and take the hit for monies already paid. The studio states it will not let me out of the contract early unless I pay $1500. Can I get out of this without paying any more to the studio?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Colorado

18 months ago I signed a 36 month contract with a martial arts studio. The contract stated that I would pay $300 per month for 36 months and would be guarenteed lessons until a black belt was achieved even if it took longer than the 36 months. In the past year we have only been a handful of times. Due to financial difficulties, I would like to end the contract and take the hit for monies already paid. The studio states it will not let me out of the contract early unless I pay $1500. Can I get out of this without paying any more to the studio?
You are obligated to pay the 36 months worth...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">