• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Martial Arts Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debra Nowak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire
We signed a membership contract for our son to continue with his Tae Kwon Do instruction. The Academy's owner (and its Master Instructor) had our contract written up for 44 months time. The agreement time frame was penciled in by her. This would be from 4/4/09 to 11/04/2012. The price per month was $200.70 per month.

Also contained and quoted in the agreement was NH Statute RSA 358-I:5, I. which limits a contract to a period no longer than 12 months.

This Statute had been amended to then separate Health Clubs and Martial Arts Academies to each have their own Statute. Memberships to Health Clubs remained with a 12-month limit, while Martial Arts were now given the ability to have 3-year membership contracts under a new NH Statute RSA-S.

My son continued to take classes for 1-year, and we continued to pay the monthly fee of $200.70 for another year, hoping he may return to class.

He did not and at this time we have requested a refund for the year he did not attend.

Anyway she had offered to pay for the 4 months in 2011, but that was it?

Now what?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire
We signed a membership contract for our son to continue with his Tae Kwon Do instruction. The Academy's owner (and its Master Instructor) had our contract written up for 44 months time. The agreement time frame was penciled in by her. This would be from 4/4/09 to 11/04/2012. The price per month was $200.70 per month.

Also contained and quoted in the agreement was NH Statute RSA 358-I:5, I. which limits a contract to a period no longer than 12 months.

This Statute had been amended to then separate Health Clubs and Martial Arts Academies to each have their own Statute. Memberships to Health Clubs remained with a 12-month limit, while Martial Arts were now given the ability to have 3-year membership contracts under a new NH Statute RSA-S.

My son continued to take classes for 1-year, and we continued to pay the monthly fee of $200.70 for another year, hoping he may return to class.

He did not and at this time we have requested a refund for the year he did not attend.

Anyway she had offered to pay for the 4 months in 2011, but that was it?

Now what?
Be aware that some contracts have a NO-REFUND or LIMITED REFUND policy for unused services, and/or have a specific cancellation policy you must follow. What does YOURS say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">