• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mattress warranty?????????

• Thread starter twosidesofeverystory
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

twosidesofeverystory

WARRANTY IMPLIED AND WRITTEN

what can be done about a matress co. who refeuzes to waranty their product because of staines? their warranty paperwork states that if the product is found to be unsanitary they will void the warranty. do they have the right to do this and does a stain constitute an unsanitary condition? it is a large water stain in the corner of the mattress and foundation set, (i wattered the yard and my bed room window was open) other than that the mattress was purchased 2/96 and has been in constant use (most mattress are) I would venture to say all used mattress are in a state of un sanitary condition (i would not eat off any used mattress no mater who long it has been used. can a manufactuer write a warranty that they intend to void when a warranty claim is filed? help me please. thank you by the way we live in CA. patrick: this is no small peanuts we are talking about. not to me any ways i purchased the top of the line mattress and foundation set spent nearly one thousand dollars on it and 2 thousand on the compleet bedroom set.

Last edited:

L

lawrat

you caused the stain == warranty doesn't count. your negligence caused the stain. it is not as if the stain was there before or due to wear and tear from a poor quality mattress

T

twosidesofeverystory

listen lawrat............

the stain is not the problem and i dont want the stain fixed. i want the saging mattress fixed. the stain is in the corner of the bed not in the middle. all the water stain is is a mark not a problem. i use to make mattress for bassett bedding co.(a factory)(now out of business) in the town i live in. i know the ins and outs of the business the problem i am having is that the company i am dealing with is saying that the stain voids the warranty . i think that is wrong nothing is said about stains in the warranty paperwork i was given when i purchased this product. is there any thin i can do. to make them help fix this product. it has a 15 year repair or replacement warranty without proratting (free of charge to me)most warrantys pro rate the wear and will give you a percent of the remaining life as a credit towards purchase.

wtd

If it is the warranty states that an unsanitary condition renders the warranty void,
and it is the company's policy to consider staining as rendering the mattress unsanitary
and these conditions are enforced uniformly-
the warranty is void.

If however, you feel as though this policy of considering a stain as an unsanitary condition is being imposed selectively, in order not to honor a warranty claim, that's another story.

The queston here is only whether or not the policy of considering a stain as an unsanitary condition is being applied uniformly or selectively.
Its pretty much up to you to figure this out.

wtd

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">