• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MCI Worldcom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scaler

Im from california, My calling card number was given to a friend and they left the number lying around and it was abused. I paid the initial 300.00 some od dollars and called to cancell the card. One month later i get a bill for another 500.00 and call and they tell me the card has not been cancelled. They cancell it on the spot. Am i liable for the 500.00 when MCI failed to cancell the card the first time. Thank you. Also MCI has been harrassing me with phone calls, would i have a case?

L

loku

If you contacted a representative of MCI when you first tried to cancel the card and if the representative told you they would cancel it, then you are not liable for the subsequent charges. Therefore you have the law on your side. However, you would have to prove the facts and if they deny that you tried to cancel the card, then it may be difficult for you to prove you did try. It would probably be your word against theirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">