• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic's Difficulties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FatherJack

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I have had my car at the mechanics for four weeks and two days. They keep postponing when I can get it back. Now they have left town for two weeks on vacation and I can't get hold of anyone at the shop. What sort of small claims rights do I have? Can I sue for the value of my car a day? A rental car? Towing fees to get it somewhere who will actually fix it? Do I have a case for breach of verbal contract? Help!

justalayman

did you have some sort of promise of when it would be done? Is there some reason this garage has to do whatever work it is?

most likely you have two options:

wait

take the car somewhere else

Unless you have some sort of contract where the car would be returned to you by some specified day, you really have no other claims against the garage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">