• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mechanics fault for blown head gasket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dsluvsaem

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

i recently put my vehicle in for repair before i went away for vacation. i needed to get a gasket fixed. while i was away my boyfreinds mother paid $250 to the mechanic. we where able to pick the vehicle up when we returned but where to make payments to him for the rest. my boyfreind went to pick the vehicle up and while driving it away it was shaking excessively and smoking. he pulled over looked under the hood and the radiator hose was never connected. from trying to restart the car it killed the battery so they walked down the street back to the mechanic and he picked up the car and towed it back. the next day we return with a battery for the car and he tells us he will put it on and look at the car. two days later we are acalled and told that we have a blown head gasket in our vehicle. our car was running when it was brought to the shop and wasnt overheating. now if we attempt to drive it the car will overheat and smoke ans shake. a blown head gasket is common in our vehicle and we just replaced both head gaskets not even a year prior. he is saying it is our fault because we didnt replace them properly the first time. i though am having a hard time believeing that because we gave him a running car and he returned to us a smoking shaking, non running car. now the car is sitting there and he is charging storage fees, but has removed my plates so i am unable to drive the car off the lot. he is also calling me all the time. i cant get the car unless i pay him, but if i dont i heard that he can get a salvage title and then the division of motor vehicles can then suspend my drivers license until i pay all fees owed to this mechanic. which then i have to pay a restoration fee. what can i do?? i am so lost!!! HELP!!:confused: :confused: :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">