• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic's Lein

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msjandmine

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a roofing subcontractor that has filed a lein on a house because he did not turn in a paystub,that my office paid him for completion of the job, to his office after he cashed the check himself. He is the owner of the business, and since he did not turn in the paystub his office is saying they have no proof of payment. I have faxed them the returned check with his, the owner's signature, and the date it was cashed. Are there any penalties or reprecutions that can be assessed for them filing a fraudulant mechanic's lein?

I need an answer ASAP.
thanks msjandmine:eek:

HomeGuru

msjandmine said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a roofing subcontractor that has filed a lein on a house because he did not turn in a paystub,that my office paid him for completion of the job, to his office after he cashed the check himself. He is the owner of the business, and since he did not turn in the paystub his office is saying they have no proof of payment. I have faxed them the returned check with his, the owner's signature, and the date it was cashed. Are there any penalties or reprecutions that can be assessed for them filing a fraudulant mechanic's lein?

I need an answer ASAP.
thanks msjandmine:eek:
**A: no, since no damage has been done. Demand that they remove the lien and have the title company give you an updated title report on the property indicating the property is free of the lien.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">